Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Scrapbooking Month


Greetings All!  Let me start off by wishing everyone a Happy Scrapbooking Month!  So what are you doing this month?  I'm getting a late start but I'm determined to do a project a day for the rest of this month.  Can I do it?  Who knows?  But I'm going to try!!!! 

I'm going to start with one of the projects I made at the National Scrapbook Day Crop I went to at Hearts and Crafts in Covina, California!

Tee, our Instructor started with cutting out the hearts, crown and angel wings using Tim Holtz dies from Sizzix out of chipboard and dictionary paper.  We then used a glue stick and glued the dictionary paper onto the chipboard cut outs.


We then painted a thin coat of Viva Precious Metal EffectPaints and SilksAcrylic Glaze by Luminarte onto the paper.  It paints on very sheer so if you want a deeper color or a more opaque effect just paint additional layers. It dries quickly so this won’t take too long! 


We then glued our chipboard pieces together and then used Inka Gold Metallic Rub and rubbed color onto each of our pieces basically to our taste.  I did add some of the Graphite around the edges to add some shading and dimensionality to my heart and wings.  This was the first time I was using this product so I tended to be a bit light handed but I still like the effect I achieved.  Not too bad for a rank beginner in working with mixed media!  =P 


We then took a shipping tag and rolled it up into a ball, spread it back out and painted it using Silks Acrylic Glaze by Luminarte.  I painted my tag using Sunburst and Ginger Peach.  I then went over the card with various colors from the Inka Gold Metallic Rub line.  I wanted the colors to be deeper and achieved that effect by rubbing additional layers onto my tag. 


Last but not least we were given a snippet of white ribbon and I painted mine with Silks Acrylic Glaze by Luminarte and tied it into a pretty bow.  We then  glued our winged hearts and bow onto our tag! 

Here’s a shot of my finished tag.  It may not be a work of art, but I'm rather pleased!  I see collecting these paints in my future….ah to have infinite amounts of money to buy all that pleases me!  However, I do recommend these paints…they are tooo much fun! 


Mayra the MaddScrapper

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment